We are looking for bioinformaticians to join our team to analyze and interpret data from our projects such as the 1000 Vietnamese Genomes Project. You will also develop pipelines and tools, implement bioinformatics services for innovative data sharing platforms for biomedical research. You will work on an open source platform that enables users to use data and computing resources easily from various providers.
Work location: Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Work type: Full-time
- Develop, execute, test, and roll out project-specific bioinformatics solutions.
- Develop technical diagrams, project plans, timelines, and resource allocations.
- Investigate, devise, and modify procedures to solve complex problems at a highly technical level across all phases of bioinformatics support activities.
- Participate in writing scientific papers based on analyzing data from current projects.
- Contribute to the technical leadership of the Institution, including broader decisions on projects, infrastructure, technologies, platforms, and framework needs.
- Collaborate with other team members (including dev and devops) and stakeholders.
- 2+ years of experience in bioinformatics or a related field.
- Basic knowledge of molecular biology.
- Basic knowledge of statistics.
- Experience in the bioinformatics of sequencing technologies.
- Familiarity with Linux and/or MacOS.
- Experience in some modern programming languages such as R, Python, Java, SQL.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Ability to train others.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- BS degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Biological Sciences, or a related field.
- Experience with machine learning or deep learning.
- Experience with human genomics.
- Experience in employing high performance computing to solve computing problems.
- Experience providing bioinformatics services or other service roles.
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Biological Sciences, or a related field.
- Very competitive salary.
- Nice working environment with nice colleagues.
- Lunch and parking allowance covered by company.
- Insurances and premium health care for employers and their family.
- Values-driven, international working environment and agile culture.